cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Excel workbook parsing error - Unable to parse the specified Excel workbook within a sufficient time

Hi there,

I have an Excel workbook that serves as an expense reinbursement form. The layout is fairly complicated to make it print friendly (it uses 26 columns and about 50 rows)... but there are no macros, no VBA scripts and only a few cross-references... really nothing crazy. All in all, it is only about 150kB. It looks like this:

Formular.jpg

I uploaded it to OneCloud and would like to fill it up via a flow when a receipt is found in a special folder.

I added a simple Excel Table with 3 columns so that I can add some information via the "Excel Insert Row" action: 

ExcelInsertRow.jpg

I then get the following error:

Unable to parse the specified Excel workbook within a sufficient time frame. Please try again later or reduce the Excel workbook.
 clientRequestId: ...
 serviceRequestId: ...

There is already an unanswered thread about a similar error here (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Unable-to-parse-the-specified-Excel-workbook-withi...) but in this case, the user has hundred of thousands of entries... 

I tried removing the sheet alltogether and putting my table on a different sheet. It then works fine. Something in this form is making the parsing logic go crazy. 

Any idea how I can debug this? I mean... other than proceed with dichotomy and reconstruct the form piece by piece until it fails...?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Excel workbook parsing error - Unable to parse the specified Excel workbook within a sufficient

I recreated the workbook step by step and somehow it worked... I cannot say how and why... if anyone finds a way to debug this...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Excel workbook parsing error - Unable to parse the specified Excel workbook within a sufficient

I recreated the workbook step by step and somehow it worked... I cannot say how and why... if anyone finds a way to debug this...

View solution in original post

Sonhja
Level: Powered On

Hello @TimBourguignon,

I'm facing the same problem as you. What do you mean with "Reproduced the Excel step by step"? I'll try your solution even if this is a tedious task...

Thank you!

The workbook was pretty old, created on OpenOffice a while back. I recreated the workbook from scratch using a blank .xlsx file and somehow it ended up working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 434 members 6,548 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: