cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Excluding records from a previous selection

Hi,

I'm getting some records from a query in SQL and I need to exclude from that selection records that are in an excel. Example: From SQL query I'm getting:

A, B, C

and on a Excel I have the record A, so I need to exclude the record A to continue with the flow. How can I do tht? Thanks for the help. 

Ezequiel

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ezequiel 

There are different ways you could do this. You can use the excel OData Query Filter 'ne' (Not Equal). Another way you could try is the Filter Array with the value you want.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ezequiel ,

As @abm  said, the requirement that you mentioned could be achieved with microsoft flow, and you could take a try with the "Filter Array" action.

Please take a try and let know if you have any problem when you create the flow.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alice

Thanks for your email. Let me explain what I'm doing and I appreciate if you can tell me if this is right:

1. I'm getting values from a SQL query (10 Ids)

2. I have an excel that contains a column with IDs also 

3. I need to send an email (1 per ID) unless the ID is on the excel 

I'm getting the values from the SQL and the excel, I added the Filter Array, but I'm lost how to apply it. The problem I'm facing is how to have the flow skipping those IDs found on the Excel. I made the flow below thinking that only emails are being sent if the SQL value is not found on the Excel, but it is not working and the process keeps sending 10 emails.

Thanks

Ezequiel

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (75,201)