cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastianslz
Helper II
Helper II

Execute flow condition only if its status was false and then change to true

I have a problem with a flow in which I would like an email to be sent if the following condition is met:

If the "Estado" column of type Boolean previously had a value of false and then changed to true.

I have consulted different documentation on this subject but I do not find clarity in the matter, it is here that I want only this part of the flow or this condition to be executed if the "Estado" is false and then changed to true. This is the example of what I have done so far in my flow.

sebastianslz_0-1653588069320.png

I would like to know if anyone has an idea of how to perform this specific condition.
5 REPLIES 5
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Hi @sebastianslz ,

You can use an expression to set boolean values of true or false:

Snag_4db1cd1.png

For more information, please see Power Automate: When true is not true - Manuel T. Gomes (manueltgomes.com)

Ellis

@ekarim2020 I think I was not very clear in explaining my question, I go back and present the scenario,

I would like the condition to be executed only when the "Estado" previously had as a value "false" and then it was changed to "true"

Is there something else you require that I can explain and thus better understand my question?

Hi @sebastianslz ,

Thanks for the clarification.

You will need a way to determine if the value of the field has changed.

If you are using a SharePoint List we can use the Get Column Changes action to determine if a column has changed, and with a boolean field we can then easily determine its previous value. See Power Automate SharePoint Get Column Changes - April Dunnam - SharePoint Siren

Does your data source (looks like SQL?) enable you to determine which field has changed?

If not, you will need a way to store and track the value of Estado in order to determine if the value has changed, such as stroing Estado in a SharePoint list and comparing the current value with what is stored in the list to see if it has changed.

Ellis

@ekarim2020 

It is correct, my data source is SQL, but I really do not know if there is any way to determine if the field has changed, could you explain in more detail what solution I can implement in this case taking into account as a SQL data source, or if I should add an additional column to my table in SQL ? Something I can do?

Hi @sebastianslz ,

Unfortunately I don't work with SQL, but take a look at if this, if this will help:

t sql - How do I find out whenever a value changes in a certain column? - Database Administrators St...

You may be able to determine at the source SQL databse if the Estado column has changed.

Hope this helps.

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,675)