cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastianslz
Frequent Visitor

Execute flow condition only if its status was false and then change to true

I have a problem with a flow in which I would like an email to be sent if the following condition is met:

If the "Estado" column of type Boolean previously had a value of false and then changed to true.

I have consulted different documentation on this subject but I do not find clarity in the matter, it is here that I want only this part of the flow or this condition to be executed if the "Estado" is false and then changed to true. This is the example of what I have done so far in my flow.

sebastianslz_0-1653588069320.png

I would like to know if anyone has an idea of how to perform this specific condition.
5 REPLIES 5
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Hi @sebastianslz ,

You can use an expression to set boolean values of true or false:

Snag_4db1cd1.png

For more information, please see Power Automate: When true is not true - Manuel T. Gomes (manueltgomes.com)

Ellis

@ekarim2020 I think I was not very clear in explaining my question, I go back and present the scenario,

I would like the condition to be executed only when the "Estado" previously had as a value "false" and then it was changed to "true"

Is there something else you require that I can explain and thus better understand my question?

Hi @sebastianslz ,

Thanks for the clarification.

You will need a way to determine if the value of the field has changed.

If you are using a SharePoint List we can use the Get Column Changes action to determine if a column has changed, and with a boolean field we can then easily determine its previous value. See Power Automate SharePoint Get Column Changes - April Dunnam - SharePoint Siren

Does your data source (looks like SQL?) enable you to determine which field has changed?

If not, you will need a way to store and track the value of Estado in order to determine if the value has changed, such as stroing Estado in a SharePoint list and comparing the current value with what is stored in the list to see if it has changed.

Ellis

@ekarim2020 

It is correct, my data source is SQL, but I really do not know if there is any way to determine if the field has changed, could you explain in more detail what solution I can implement in this case taking into account as a SQL data source, or if I should add an additional column to my table in SQL ? Something I can do?

Hi @sebastianslz ,

Unfortunately I don't work with SQL, but take a look at if this, if this will help:

t sql - How do I find out whenever a value changes in a certain column? - Database Administrators St...

You may be able to determine at the source SQL databse if the Estado column has changed.

Hope this helps.

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,139)