cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Executing a flow when a specific planner task is completed

Hello I am attempting to create a flow that creates a new task when a specific task has been completed in planner. In all essence just a prerequite task. I need task aaa to be completed before bbb is created so that steps are not done out of order.

The only option that I see is "When a task is completed". This wont work for me because a large mix of tasks will be created within the group and I dont want it to trigger when a random task is completed.

So is there any way to target a specific tasks and trigger off of that? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kenton ,

You can set the condition in the trigger so that Flow is only triggered when the specified condition is met.

For example, you need to Task name start with the specified character:

152.PNG

Or you can set these conditions directly in Condition, and only if these conditions are met, can the following action be performed.

153.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kenton ,

You can set the condition in the trigger so that Flow is only triggered when the specified condition is met.

For example, you need to Task name start with the specified character:

152.PNG

Or you can set these conditions directly in Condition, and only if these conditions are met, can the following action be performed.

153.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hey @v-bacao-msft,

i would like to follow up on your solution because I wanted to implement it but it is not working for me.

As soon as i create a condition as you described in your post and choose "Value title" or any other measure it will automatically create a "apply to each" with the condition inside.

The problem is i cant access the task which is created within the "apply to each" function in the following steps of my flow

Is there any other way or am i doing something wrong?

BR

Stefan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,776)