cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Expand an Exchange distribution list?

We have an inbox that receives emails from multiple processes and different flows are triggered based on either the sender or the recipient email address.

One of our flows is not always running as desired because the recipient is one of many Distribution Lists - since that doesn't exactly match the recipient we are looking for, the flow exits early.  

Is there a way we can expand the recipient list to see all emails contained within it, and also of any DLs embedded in it?  

I found a separate example of how to expand a DL with an HTTP call to the Graph API, but that will require an upgraded Flow license before long - is there some other way of getting this data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Expand an Exchange distribution list?

Hi @JJ_in_atlanta,

I have tried it on my side. There is currently no way to get the email of all the members contained in the distribution list by the existing action(that your license can use) of Flow.

I am afraid there is currently no way to achieve the requirements.

If you want such a feature to be supported by MS Flow, please submit your thoughts to Flow idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JJ_in_atlanta,

I have tried it on my side. There is currently no way to get the email of all the members contained in the distribution list by the existing action(that your license can use) of Flow.

I am afraid there is currently no way to achieve the requirements.

If you want such a feature to be supported by MS Flow, please submit your thoughts to Flow idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you for checking on this.  I upvoted an existing suggestion in the FlowIdeas site:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-a-Microsoft-Graph-Connector/idi-p/186346

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,346)