Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OndrejBriza
Advocate I
Advocate I

Expected String but got Null fix on lookup field using fx expressions

Greeting, 

I have encountered this issue where im trying to duplicate invoice (screen1) but system wants all fields filled even the non mandatory ones if not it comes with an error expected string but got null and flow wont even run. I have searched for many possibilites of fixing this by fx expressions (screen2) and came with and condition that should work. Unfortunatley the error is still there and I dont know why. In my case Im trying to fill the field opportunities with empty string to avoid null beacuse the field is not mandatory and sometimes it will be filled sometimes not. In the end with the current fx expression flow will run but wont transfer for example the lookup field even if its filled.

screen2.png

  

screen1.png

1 REPLY 1
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @OndrejBriza 

Your expression in the concat, will be evaluated as a string (the full expression will be a string) and not the value of the expression.  Try removing the concat.  To test, put that expression in a compose to see it being evaluated via the flow history.

Damien

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,731)