cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laz8592
Helper II
Helper II

Expense Report Flow problem

Hi I have created an automated flow for an excel expense report that needs to be approved once its uploaded in a sharepoint library, and then when approved send an email of the approval for the accountant.

Everything works but I cannot seems to find the option to show the exact file in that library to the approver to click and check; as well as the accountant when receiving the email to click the exact file in question. At the moment in the approval item link I have the full path of the sharepoint library, is there a way to make this more personalized and easy of users instead of the user going to library and checking which file by name he needs to check before sending the approval by email or Teams? 

See screenshots: 

laz8592_0-1644746045819.png

laz8592_1-1644746120272.png

How the accountant and approver see the email (it doesn't go directly to the file only the whle library): 

6 REPLIES 6
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@laz8592 

You'll want to add a Get File Metadata action and then a Get File Properties action.  Then reference the Link to file in Dynamic properties for the Get File properties action.  See my example below and let me know if you have any questions.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for very much for your suggestion, it worked.

I completed and tweaked everything but I forgot to provide the option if the approver rejects the request, how do I create an email in the flow to send it back only to the recipient and not to the accountant? 

@laz8592 

It looks like the process starts when someone uploads a document to a library.  If the outcome of the approval is Reject, you can send an email to the "Created By" email of the document which will be available to you from Dynamic properties under Get File Properties.

Scott

Hello

My FLOW is nearly complete!

laz8592_0-1645125531267.png

Scott, When the approver clicks reject , the requester gets the REJECTED message as well as the APPROVED, how can I drop the approved email if rejected? 

@laz8592 

Your condition should resemble the screen shot below.  You need to test for Approve to see if the item was approved.  You could also reverse your logic and check for Reject.

image.png

Scott

Perfect it worked. 

2 more things:

1. How can I combine the option of attachments in the FLOW if user wants to scan and upload these as well , I was thinking to add an 'attachments' column in the list on sharepoint right? Will these be added to the workflow?

2. Once a month to archive/move/delete all these expense reports out of the orginal upload site as it can get messy with alot of users. Do I need a another workflow on the library? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,965)