Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexandruCazan
Level: Powered On

Expiration + modifying alert + change column date

Hello,

So, i am trying to build a flow that does the following actions:

1. Send a reminder 7 days prior a file is going to expire to the mananger

2. After the manager modified the item, send an email to the department that they need to read the file again

3. Mark somehow that the file has been updated and is ready to use, like coloring the row in green?

4. Change the expiry date to one year later, meaning, if a file expired today 06/06/2019, after the file has been modified, change the expiry date to 06/06/2020

Later edit: I have manange to build the expiration part

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-lin-msft
Level 10

Re: Expiration + modifying alert + change column date

Hi @AlexandruCazan,

Based on your description of your requirements, I have created the following two flows to close your idea. You can refer to the configuration in the screenshot below:

Flow 1: Send a reminder 7 days prior a file is going to expire to the manager

Step 1: Create a Recurrence set as every day to check whether any file in the library will be expired in 7days later.

Annotation 2019-06-11 140919.png

Step2: Create the condition to check Expired_Date whether equal to current time add 7 days.

-If yes, send the reminder email with the file link.Annotation 2019-06-11 141023.png

Flow 2: When a file is modified, send a reminder email, set the expiration date to one year later. Last, since the row can't color to green, we create a column to mark the modified file.Annotation 2019-06-11 142857.png

You can have a try with it. If there is any problem, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

7 REPLIES 7
tfhegdbn

This seems to require multiple Flow collaborations to achieve this.

What is your current situation and whether there are any problems, please provide more details.

AlexandruCazan

So, i have manage to build the expiration bit, as i have shown in the picture posted, but i think i can add at least one new step in this flow. A yes/no condition in which, if the file was modified by the mananger -> send email to the others letting them know, and if the file wasn't modified, then don't send anything. Also is there any one i can color the row after an item was modified/reviewed?

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @AlexandruCazan,

Based on your description of your requirements, I have created the following two flows to close your idea. You can refer to the configuration in the screenshot below:

Flow 1: Send a reminder 7 days prior a file is going to expire to the manager

Step 1: Create a Recurrence set as every day to check whether any file in the library will be expired in 7days later.

Annotation 2019-06-11 140919.png

Step2: Create the condition to check Expired_Date whether equal to current time add 7 days.

-If yes, send the reminder email with the file link.Annotation 2019-06-11 141023.png

Flow 2: When a file is modified, send a reminder email, set the expiration date to one year later. Last, since the row can't color to green, we create a column to mark the modified file.Annotation 2019-06-11 142857.png

You can have a try with it. If there is any problem, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AlexandruCazan

Hello,

So i got two errors. For the first one i had to get the actual column name, so, instead of 'Expiry_Date', i introduced 'expiry_x0020_date' and i got rid of the error. but the second error is telling me im using a null type and not a string.

23.PNG

I've tried switching the 'item' to 'triggerBody', ive tried reformatting the date in the expression from yyyy-MM-dd to mm-dd-yyyy, i changed the column settings from only date to date and time, and i cant wrap my head around the error..

Super User
Super User

Hi @AlexandruCazan 

Can you please post a screenshot of the condition part of the flow?

Highlighted
AlexandruCazan

Hello, it seems like now its working. Thank your for your feedback.

_Title

Hey @v-lin-msft,

I have been trying to build a flow and assign it to the library in SharePoint site.

-When biulding a flow 1 I am getting the same error as a previous user and don't know how to sort it out?

-When building a flow 2 I dont seem to be able to run it even though it seems that I have followed all details precisely.

Please halp me out as I am loosing any hope at this stage Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 175 members 5,039 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: