cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
koechsle
Level: Powered On

Export Email Is Blank

When i try to export an email from a service account mailbox it always saves as a blank file with no information in it, no From: no time, no subject, and no content. When i look at the inbox of the account everything looks good, it only happens when i try to export the email out, then I want to convert to a PDF, but since the export is blank, the PDF is blank. 

I've a picture of how my flow looks, i tried to mirror what I've seen in other posts, but not sure i'm doing it right. Any assistance would be apprieciated. 

blankemail.JPGblankoutput.JPGemailinbox.JPG

Thank You! 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Export Email Is Blank

@koechsle :

I just ran a quick test and was successfully able to create a .eml file using the Export Email action after a "When a new email arrives in a Shared Mailbox" action.

However, I am a little confused.  The "When a new email arrives in a Shared Mailbox action" should return a single email.  Your screen shot shows you looping through items.  Why do you have a loop?

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
koechsle
Level: Powered On

Re: Export Email Is Blank

So I've figured out how to create the eml file correctly, and i've been able to do everything else i needed to do, but i'm hoping someone with more experiece can tell me if there is a better way. 

Currently i have it set up so that when someone fills out a specific form, it captures the data, sends an email to a shared mailbox, exports the email, creates the .eml file, converts it to PDF then sends it to SharePoint. 

I just want to be able to format something using "bold" and underlines and other general formatting when someone fills out a form and convert it to PDF without having to pay for the Preimum Flow membership (my boss said no way on that one). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 233 members 6,116 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: