cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Export Planner tasks to Excel frecuently

Hi all!:

I need to export the tasks that are in one Planner's bucket to Excel. This has to happen on a weekly basis because it is used to prepare reports on PowerBI.

The first time it will fetch all the tasks (more than 1000 rows) so far but next runs should fetch only new or updated tasks.

I have tried some flows, but they time out before finishing even the first run.

Any suggestion is most welcome!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Export Planner tasks to Excel frecuently

@walterdp_souy 

Hey there.  Have you considered importing the current ones into Excel, and then having a flow add to the Excel table as the tasks are added?  That might be easier.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi, @edgonzales 

Thanks for replying. I can export from Planner the first time, but there are some columns that cannot be obtained when running from Flow.

Besides, I'm not sure how to handle the tasks that are already in the Planner and are updated.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @walterdp_souy ,

You could use Filter Query to filter records to check if the task exists in the table.

I suggested that you could remove the space between the field name, for example, TaskID.

length(body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['value'])

Image reference:

72.PNG73.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

HI @v-bacao-msft ,

Thanks for replying. I would like to understand whether you suggest to do that after manually exporting the Planner's tasks to Excel.

If so, I believe I'd have a problem because the columns that I can get from Flow are different from the ones that Planner can export to Excel.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @walterdp_souy ,

Yes, I just export the data in Planner to Excel table. Since there is a table that can be used, why not use it?

If you feel that you do not need some fields, you can delete these fields. Then you can use the method I provided to update or add tasks to the table.

Even if you want to use this table, the method I provide is applicable. As long as the table contains the task id, you can use it to filter tasks.

You can try to create a similar flow first, and ask if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

HI @v-bacao-msft 

Thanks!

I'll try and let you know

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (9,317)