cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yousra
Frequent Visitor

Export SharePoint list item to PDF

I'm trying to export a single SP list item to PDF on demand, using an export button (for auditing purposes). 

The export should include all list columns, including appended multi line text boxes and attachments as well.

So far all the PDF conversion connectors seem to require a third party subscription (which is not approved by my organization).

Is there another connector or method (even if requires more steps) that can achieve the same purpose?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Yousra

I would suggest generating a word template and populate it from your sharepoint list item, save the file and the convert to PDF.

Please check my blog post on how to achieve this:

https://onlinemgblog.wordpress.com/2020/06/20/populate-a-word-document-using-power-automate/

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@Mira_Ghaly 

Thank you. Could you help me understand the first few steps (before populating the Word template) so that I am able to link it to my case and change them accordingly?

@Yousra

Do u mean linking sharepoint to your g

Flow? 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Mira_Ghaly  - I meant that I don't understand steps 2 (trigger the flow) through 5 (append to array) so i'm not able to make the link between your use case and mine, in order to adjust the flow to work for me

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Yousra

Your case is much simpler, just design your template by adding plain text content controllers, save the template to sharepoint, then on your sharepoint list choose the option to run a flow and then directly call the Generate word template, you can skip unnecessary steps you don't need

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (3,271)