Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BClouded
Advocate II
Advocate II

Export SharePoint to excel incl image

Dear Community

I'm struggling with following use case. I've developed a real-estate management tool for my client, it's based on 3 SharePoint lists. 
Property, Transactions, Pictures. Transactions and Pictures hold a PropID to link them to the correct Property.

Of course client wants to be able to export data to excel... 
Well I managed to do that pretty well, but now he asks me if we can add a picture in export as well. 

I've been searching the internet for a while but couldn't find anything useful. 
Maybe somebody here can give me some clues to work with? 

Thanks in advance!

This is my current flow, using a csv table.

BClouded_0-1632214588354.png

4 REPLIES 4
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @BClouded 

I believe Office Scripts could achieve this for you.  There is a recording tool to get you started if you are unfamiliar with TypeScript and here is a sample script that downloads an image from a URL to a workbook. 

office-scripts-docs/add-image-to-workbook.md at master · OfficeDev/office-scripts-docs · GitHub

It will most likely be possible that you can accept an image in base64 as an input to your Excel Office Script action and save it to your document or you could simply pass a URL.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

Thanks for this info DamoBird365.
I have no experience with Office Scripts, I'll have a look at it and see if I can use it somehow.

Hi @BClouded ,

The Microsoft Team have some good sample scripts here Introduction to Office Scripts in Excel (microsoft.com) and I have a few videos (including the opposite of what you require - returning images from Excel to PowerAutomate).  Might be worth a look (1) Office Scripts - YouTube and let me know how you get on.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

Yes I'm watching your youtube channel as we speak 😉
Nice work! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,266)