cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Export data from sharepoint list to Excel template

Hello All,

I had and excel spreadsheet template which design to comply with our company policy. we would like to create sharepoint list and export the data from the list to that excel spreadsheet template. The data from sharepoint list must be place in the same column in excel spreadsheet template.

Is there anyways we can create a export button with workflow in sharepoint and export data from sharepoint list to excel spreadsheet template? 

thanks,

BL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi

A simple approach is to have an excel file (.xlsx extension is the only currently supported in Power Automate) already created from such excel template with a well known path in your Sharepoint/One Drive 4 Business. Then you can implement a PA flow to fill it with the SP list content.

You will find several posts in this community covering this same topic. This is one of them:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/MS-Flow-to-SharePoint-List-Export-into-Ex...

But, please note, as far as I know, when loading data on your xlsx file via PA flow, you need to store it as a table

Not sure if this requirements are compatible with your company's current excel template

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi

A simple approach is to have an excel file (.xlsx extension is the only currently supported in Power Automate) already created from such excel template with a well known path in your Sharepoint/One Drive 4 Business. Then you can implement a PA flow to fill it with the SP list content.

You will find several posts in this community covering this same topic. This is one of them:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/MS-Flow-to-SharePoint-List-Export-into-Ex...

But, please note, as far as I know, when loading data on your xlsx file via PA flow, you need to store it as a table

Not sure if this requirements are compatible with your company's current excel template

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Thanks @efialttes .

This is very useful post. My scenario is to create more items in Shrepoint list and a button for run the flow.

for example:

ID      Name        DoB

1        A               21-01-1980

2        B               22-03-1979

And if I select ID 1 and 2 then click on button, so the flow will run and export the data of ID 1 and 2 into excel.

Do you have any idea as the above scenario?

Thanks,

BL

Hi!

Glad to hear my suggestion was useful.

REgarding your new question, I am just an average user in Sharepoint user, sorry. I don't remember any way to invoke a PA Flow from the SP list user interface with more than one item selected, so hopefully others can point us to the right direction:

Just guessing next steps to proceed:

a) Keep on investigating if this feature is available via SP list Modern/Classical interface, or

b) Did you consider implementing a customized form either on Power Apps or on an Adaptive Card in Teams to do the magic? For sure this way you can offer end users the possibility of multichoice, but not sure it matches your requirements

c) ...

My humble suggestion:

1.-Mark this topic as "Solved" by clicking "Accept as a solution". THis way others with the same problem can find a solution faster

Flow_AcceptSolution.png

2.- Open a new thread for your next question, no matter you opt for a) b) or c), following the policy: 'One Question, one post'. This way you have more chances to get a useful insight, since both volunteers and Microsoft Support staff tend to pay attention to unanswered posts

3.- (OPTIONAL) Click on 'Thumbs up' in any answer to this current topic you found valuable.

Flow_thumbsUp.png

Even though this 3rd step is OPTIONAL, please remember it is the cheapest, easiest way to say thanks to somebody that simply tried to help. And just between you and me, everytime an inspiring answer receive a kudo, an ewok escapes from The Emperor menace  😉

Thanx!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,822)