cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moomarine
Frequent Visitor

Export planner to excel on schedule

Hi

i have tried many different solutions to this and none have worked for me.

I simply want to export planner details into an excel file stored on SharePoint daily. If the row exists I want it to over right and if it does not exist I want it to create row.

none of the solutions on here or YouTube work. The best I got was getting it to work but wouldn’t over right and just kept adding loads of rows. 

surely someone has achieved this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
a_hansen
Helper I
Helper I

Okay - So I think I figured it out. Assuming you have a destination file all lined up I used the following flow.

2021-02-12 20_19_43-Run History _ Power Automate.png

 The Add a row only triggers if the Get Row fails (I included the task ID as my key value. From there, you could also do a parallel branch that would update the row if it did successfully match during the Get Row action.

Hope this helps!

(First time doing a reply so I'll clarify as/if needed!)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
a_hansen
Helper I
Helper I

Okay - So I think I figured it out. Assuming you have a destination file all lined up I used the following flow.

2021-02-12 20_19_43-Run History _ Power Automate.png

 The Add a row only triggers if the Get Row fails (I included the task ID as my key value. From there, you could also do a parallel branch that would update the row if it did successfully match during the Get Row action.

Hope this helps!

(First time doing a reply so I'll clarify as/if needed!)

View solution in original post

Hi thanks for looking into this for me, are you able to share the expanded flow, I'm quite new to Power Automate.

I may have done it but will report back after testing it, thanks again

moomarine
Frequent Visitor

Ok so it works which is great although I now have an error where the taskid is inserting into the excel file as a formula due to the first character being a "-" so in excel it shows as #NAME? which mean every time I run the flow it cant find that key value. Is there a way to change it to insert as value?

Thanks so much for this it worked great in the end. I had to add in a compose function so that i could add a prefix to the task id so that it didnt pickup "=" or "-" as the first character. I will post a picture of my flow in case it helps anyone else.

planner flow scrn1.PNGplanner flow scrn2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,364)