cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dion1999

Export sharepoint list as csv & download.

Hey guys, I wanted to create a flow that export sharepoint list as csv and allow the powerapp users to download. I am stuck after "create csv table" in flow. These are my questions.

1. Is there any way create file on the local computer without pre-defined destination in File System. (Allowing my PowerApp users to click one button and automatically download sharepoint list as csv file at their local drive.) ?

2. Or perhaps #1 is impossible, is it possible to create a link that allows the users to download the file.?

I am new to powerapps, sorry if there are any misconception.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dion1999,

The #1 is impossible because there is no way to access File if you not pre-create a local gateway and file system.

For the #2, you could create a Share link for the new create CSV file, and make the sharing file could view and edit by people in your organization:

Annotation 2020-03-25 124812.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @dion1999  to answer the first question in my experience is not posible because file system needs a root or path to see where the file is going to be created.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dion1999,

The #1 is impossible because there is no way to access File if you not pre-create a local gateway and file system.

For the #2, you could create a Share link for the new create CSV file, and make the sharing file could view and edit by people in your organization:

Annotation 2020-03-25 124812.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,113)