cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shimonamir
Regular Visitor

Export the same email that is sent

Hello all,

I am trying to build a flow that will export the same email that is being sent in the previous step (see flow below), but I cannot seem to make it work.

How can it be done without adding the "When an email arrives" trigger?

Appreciate your advice.

2020-10-15_00-55-36.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @shimonamir ,

If this is the situation you mentioned, this part is difficult to achieve. The output of the Send email action does not contain the email body, and we do not recommend adding a trigger in the middle of the flow. I am afraid that relying on the current functions cannot achieve such a demand.🙁

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shimonamir ,

I recommend you create a new Flow, then use When an email arrives as the trigger and monitor the new email message in the Sent item folder.

When configuring the current Flow, you need to add an item ID to the subject. You can use "-" to separate the item ID from the previous content.

First Flow:

106.PNG

Second flow:

107.PNG108.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the solution, Barry.

The issue is that it is not always from my email address. as you can see from the screenshot below that it is dynamic and it sent from the "Checked By" email address. For this reason, I would like to bypass it somehow.

2020-10-15_10-25-09.jpg

Thanks.

Hi @shimonamir ,

If this is the situation you mentioned, this part is difficult to achieve. The output of the Send email action does not contain the email body, and we do not recommend adding a trigger in the middle of the flow. I am afraid that relying on the current functions cannot achieve such a demand.🙁

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

shimonamir
Regular Visitor

Thanks, Barry,

At least now, I know... 🙂

Hi Barry,

Tried to follow your solution step by step exactly and I got the following error. see below the error and the flow - 

2020-10-17_16-45-25.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (73,459)