Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Taylor
Helper I
Helper I

Export to CSV from an Excel table of formulas returning blank

Hi,

I am trying to automate a Flow to take items added to a SharePoint List, add them to an Excel table, manipulate the data in a second table with formulas/functions (vlookup, etc), filter the second table and then create a CSV table from that filtered list. From what I can tell, everything is setup correctly and the test is successful. However, the second table does not appear to have any data in it (according to Power Automate).

Below is the breakdown of the whole Flow. 

J_Taylor_1-1626600535782.png

The test results in:

J_Taylor_0-1626600501493.png

J_Taylor_2-1626600574969.png

As you can see, the data from the 'Create CSV' is empty. However, when I open the Excel worksheet to view the table, everything is there.

My only thought is that the Flow deletes all the data - to ensure there are no duplicates before importing all the data from the List. Maybe, Power Automate cannot refresh the functions in the Excel table in order to view and manipulate the information? I'm not sure if this makes sense. Another way to explain it would be that Excel can be set to calculate formulas automatically or manually. I assume that formulas do not get updated in an Excel table unless it is opened by a user and Power Automate does not count - when it 'opens' the file, it does not update the formulas in another table. However, I entered static text beside the formulas that are updated by 'Update a Row'. 

I have no idea what could be the issue - any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @J_Taylor ,

I created an Excel with 2 tables where one table had some formulas which referenced the other table.  Didnt have VLOOKUPs but just simple additions.

The below flow seems to work successfully.

Screenshot_20210718-211328_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210718-210607_Chrome.jpg

1. Do you have any filters or other settings in your list rows actions?

2. What is the compose and update step doing?  Could they be causing issues with datetime format?  Maybe try excluding them first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @J_Taylor ,

I created an Excel with 2 tables where one table had some formulas which referenced the other table.  Didnt have VLOOKUPs but just simple additions.

The below flow seems to work successfully.

Screenshot_20210718-211328_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210718-210607_Chrome.jpg

1. Do you have any filters or other settings in your list rows actions?

2. What is the compose and update step doing?  Could they be causing issues with datetime format?  Maybe try excluding them first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

View solution in original post

I believe I made a mistake in setting up the filter. When I looked over it again, I found an error.

Thank you @eric-cheng 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,673)