Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tokengi
Frequent Visitor

Exporting GROUP Emails as PDF

Hello, 

Referencing this thread: Save email as pdf

I've been trying to export a group email as PDF using a similar approach from above's post but with no luck. For some reason, Outlook user emails and group emails are handled extraordinarily different, with group emails having conversations, threads, and posts instead of the straight-forward field normal emails have. The documentation doesn't specify what those three fields are under the context of emails so I've been having great difficulty in understanding how to do this. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Would greatly appreciate it. 

3 REPLIES 3
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

I went all the way through this and then couldn't figure out how to get File Content that would populate correctly into OneDrive and translate to PDF. I can get the ATTACHMENTS out of the post, no problem, but the post itself, as-shown (ie, not just the text from the post) ... I don't  know. 

BUT! But.

This works....

Rhiassuring_1-1651795032392.png

The first Compose is:  first(triggerOutputs()?['body/threads'])

The Thread ID is: triggerOutputs()?['body/threads'][0]?['id']

The Post ID is:  body('Parse_JSON')?['posts'][0]?['id']

Then you can take all the actions as outlined on the other post for the newly received email. 

... I am still going to look and see if I can find file content on this stupid thing, though. Will update you if I find it.

R

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Thank you, it's a start.

Update: After countless hours of reading and testing, im fully convinced saving/ exporting an email just isn’t possible with group mail. 

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Yeah, I don't think so either - I tried lots of ways. I mean, you could take the post content and create a Word doc and PDF that ... or you can forward it to an email account and PDF that.. but directly PDFing an email that comes into a group, I agree with your conclusion. It's weird isn't it...

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,683)