cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LynnS

Exporting a list of Team members: where do I find the Team's ID?

I want to export a list of email addresses for all members of a Microsoft Team, so I can email them (we need the email to be sent to the individual inboxes, not to the Team channel). Although this seems like a very basic function, apparently I have to use Power Automate to do it. I've got as far as Manually trigger a flow, then Choose an action. In Azure AD I can see an option to Get Group Members. If this is the option I need, I fail at the next step, which requires me to enter the group ID. I have no idea where to find the group ID for a Teams group. Can anybody point me in the right direction, please? I'm not a technical admin - I don't use any of the AD backend functions, or PowerShell. I just a simple way of getting the ID.

7 REPLIES 7
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

So you at least have the Team's name and you are one of its members, right?

If so, please note every TEams has an Office 365 group behind

So I would add 'Office 365 group' 'List group members' action block and select my target team from the drop down menu:

Flow_TeamMembers_1.png

This action block will provide you an array of object, each object represents a member of the Team. Some useful attributes inside: email, Name, etc.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thank you @efialttes - I was looking in the wrong place. I started by searching for 'members' within the Teams option, but drew a blank. Then I did a global search, and the first likely option was Azure AD - 'get team members'. Selecting that option doesn't give you a drop-down list of teams - you have to manually enter a team ID, hence my confusion.

The flow has run correctly. Now I need to figure out where the data has been exported to!

So, what do you need exactly? A list with email addresses?

Thanx!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Yes, exactly that

WillD84

Did you ever find the data? I'd like to export the data to a spreadsheet from the flow. Is that possible?

Hi ! How do you configure the List group members action to get all of the members? Default is 100, but when you set (increase) the top to retrieve more, it still only brings a subset, not all of them.

Thx

Gustavo

@Gbubu havent tested myself Tems with more than 100 members, but according to your description seems there is a limitation in either the API call, or the way the connector is implemented.
You always get 100, no matter the value assigned as the top value?
It happens in other connectors also, Planner also has a limit and cannot read more than 400 tasks

The good news  for your use case are, you can obtain up to 1000 members of a Team, according to the Office 365 connector documentation. Just remember to activate pagination under 'Settings':

List group members

This operation returns a list of all members in the given group and their details such as name, title, email, etc. You can query up to 1000 items using Top parameter. In case you need to retrieve more than 1000 values please turn on Settings->Pagination feature and provide Threshold limit.

Not in my laptop, unable to test

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (50,196)