cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UluruRob
Helper II
Helper II

Expression Evaluation Failed

I get the following error/s (2nd image) when the "Start and Wait for an Approval" process times out. When it doesn't time out the same flow works without error.

For the "Approval Condition - No Time out" the configure run after is set to "Is Successful" & "Has Timed Out". I think it has something to do with the Responses Comments in the body of the Email and not being able to be found in the preceding Start and Wait for Approval process because it has timed out - but how can I resolve this please?Time Out 1.jpgTime Out 2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

When action times out, you wont have Outcome. What is your goal if action times out? If you just want to worry about not timed out, add a condition to check if Outcome is not null first and then second condition can check if its false. So if it times out, it wont go inside and wont fail.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Thanks @PrasadAthalye  when the Approval Times Out I want to basically skip that whole branch, I only want that branch to activate when the Approval succeeds, when it times out it goes successfully down the Escalation Branch.

Can you assist how I would add that condition to use to check for Null & False value please?

I think then its simple. Just remove has timed out from Run after. And escalation should only have has timed out.

Power Automate Community

Thanks @PrasadAthalye  I had already tried that and it was still causing an error going down the "No" path. I think I have now resolved anyway by using 'Terminate' action. Thanks for your help.

Ok. I thought you mentioned that you wanted to continue on escalation path. Note that Outcome is null when timed out. So as long as you are not using any property from Approval action, it should not fail.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,411)