cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression If step fails return the value

I need create expression which gives me back value true or false depends on the success or fail of previous step. Anyone knows how to create it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 

In Power Automate, to catch any action's failures, time out, success, skipped, we need to use this approach. 

There is no other approach as far as I know.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
rsaikrishna
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

Need more details of your previous step. 

See if Condition action in the flow is helpful.

If not, please provide additional details of your flow.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

As mentioned by @rsaikrishna, more information would be helpful. 

If you truly mean on the success or failure of the previous step, take a look at the Runa after settings.  You can configure an action to run only if the preceding action succeeded or failed.  Here is a link for more info.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use create new item on the sharepoint list. I want to recieve boolean variable when this step fails.

@Anonymous 

Here you can use Exception handling concept to handle the failures.

Created following sample:

1.JPG

Here are the steps:

Step1: Created a boolean variable varCreateItemFailedStatus and set its value to false.

Step2:  Create Item action to create item in the SharePoint list.

Step3:  Set variable value for varCreateItemFailedStatus to true. This is very important step. Click on 3 dots next to Set Variable action and click on "Configure run after".  Select "has failed" for Create Item action as shown below picture:

2.JPG

Step4:  Placed a condition and checking varCreateItemFailedStatus is equal to true. Again, for this action also, click on 3 dots and click on Configure run after option. Select all the 4 options as shown below picture:

3.JPG

I hope this will be helpful.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this method. I just wanted one expression which uses data from step before. If it's not possible then thank you for help 🙂 I already use solution like that.

@Anonymous 

In Power Automate, to catch any action's failures, time out, success, skipped, we need to use this approach. 

There is no other approach as far as I know.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking for part which is like in http request:

{

"status":"success",

"content":"xxxx"

}

Do you understand what I mean? 🙂

@Anonymous 

I understood. HTTP action completes whether the REST api end point action is successful or failed.

You can check Status code value for HTTP action. If it is 200, then it is Passed. If it is different code, it can be marked as failed.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

I really appreciate the step by step.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,982)