cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerryniester

Expression for returning a Line of Text

Just started working with PA today and am primarily working on moving email order data to Excel. I've set up Excel table and have been able to link a number of items through expressions into the Live Excel Table. But I'm having difficulty figuring out additional data expressions that I need from the body of the email. Here is my general setup right now.

kerryniester_0-1651973031079.png

I'm trying to return the line of text that says "HC1 PLUM CREEK" but I cannot figure what expression I need to use:

kerryniester_1-1651973180983.png

Please advise on the correct expression. I know it's simple, but I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @kerryniester,

why do you need this string but not another? How a string  you want to get differs from any other one?

In other words: how to define "order data"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
Heartholme
Super User
Super User

Hi @kerryniester ,

This should do the trick:

Use filter array to extract the line you want, with the following code: @contains(item(), 'HC1 PLUM CREEK') , remember to switch to advance mode in the filter array, where the green line in screenshot is:

Heartholme_0-1652031412418.png

This will give the following result:

Heartholme_1-1652031467344.png

{ Please click Accept as solution ✔ if my post answered your question. }
{ This will in turn help others find solutions to similar questions. }

Best Regards
Heartholme

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,235)