Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SIqbal_2019
Helper I
Helper I

Extract Attachment - update sender name

Hi:

I have created a simple flow, when an email is received and has attachment save into my share point library. Since I am the owner of the flow, it shows my name as modified by . Is it possible to update the modified by the person who sent the email with attachment?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SIqbal_2019 ,

If the user who sent the email with attachment is the member of the organization, you could use Send HTTP request to action to update Modified By.

Please check this article and take a try:

http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/2/flowninja-hack-78-modifying-modified-by-and-modified-time-with-micros...

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @SIqbal_2019  unforntunally not, what you can do is create a new account to run your flow then the conection is going to use the name of the account.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
SIqbal_2019
Helper I
Helper I

Can you please explain? Which account? I have enterprise account..I want to see last modified name whom ever send the email..
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SIqbal_2019 ,

If the user who sent the email with attachment is the member of the organization, you could use Send HTTP request to action to update Modified By.

Please check this article and take a try:

http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/2/flowninja-hack-78-modifying-modified-by-and-modified-time-with-micros...

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Can you please advise where should I add compose as per the link? I am attaching my flow.

Extract attachments for modified.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (68,985)