Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jspeer1
Helper II
Helper II

Extract Link from Email Body

Hello,

I am currently getting into Desktop Flows and I am wondering if its possible to extract and open a link from an email body, being receiving the email the main trigger.

What happens is my Desktop Flow calls for a PowerShell script to run which requires two variables: username and host name (asset)

The username I can extract as it comes in the body of the email in plain text. 

The computer name however does not come in plain text. What there is is a link in the email body that takes you directly to the Web page of the ticket. In the ticket there's a field called "configuration item" which is filled out with the computer name. This is why I need the flow to somehow open the link, scan the page for "configuration item" and store whatever is in there as a variable

My end goal is to automate adding users as local administrators when they submit a request. My PS script just asks for 2 inputs: username and machine name. 

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
Serbay
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,
Extraction email body by using expressions and functions are quite possible. In your case, it should be possible to extract the link from the body and trigger Recorder from that output. 
Just to give some idea, https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Read-content-from-a-link-in-a-the-body-of-an-emai...

To capture and store data from the web, please check this example ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBT_-T9WXWE&t=4s&ab_channel=RezaDorrani 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,063)