Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rahadyan
Level: Power Up

Extract address from location data in Kaizala and put it into Sharepoint list

Hello all,

I have a Kaizala custom action where a teacher fill attendance form, and they have to record their location along with class name, subjects, etc.

I have created automated flow of "When someone responds to a custom action" -> "create sharepoint item" so our admin staff can work on the attendance data in sharepoint.

The problem is I cannot get the location data from Kaizala (named "Answer 5") to be stored in sharepoint column named "address" (a single text type column). When putting the dynamic content of "Answer 5" into Sharepoint create item action, Flow gives error:

Object must implement IConvertible.
clientRequestId: 39ca9e6a-a891-4dbb-9009-9c9f91febbee
serviceRequestId: 39ca9e6a-a891-4dbb-9009-9c9f91febbee

Looking at the error data, its seems that the output from Kaizala is something like this:

{
  "lt": -7.984112,
  "lg": 112.6589507,
  "n": "Jl. Raya Ki Ageng Gribig Kav.No.1d, Lesanpuro, Kec. Kedungkandang, Kota Malang, Jawa Timur 65138, Indonesia",
  "acc": 17.79400062561035
}

I want to put just the "n" data into the sharepoint column, ignoring other data (lt, lg, acc).

How can I achieve that? Thank you for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Extract address from location data in Kaizala and put it into Sharepoint list

Hi @rahadyan 

Please see the screenshot below: 

Kais.PNG

Here, I have an object variable where i am stroing the location response (Answer 4 in my custom action) and then another string variable where i am using the expression: 

variables('re')['n']

(re is the name of the variable) to get the desired value. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Extract address from location data in Kaizala and put it into Sharepoint list

Hi @rahadyan 

Please see the screenshot below: 

Kais.PNG

Here, I have an object variable where i am stroing the location response (Answer 4 in my custom action) and then another string variable where i am using the expression: 

variables('re')['n']

(re is the name of the variable) to get the desired value. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

rahadyan
Level: Power Up

Hello @yashag2255,

I used your solution and it worked flawlessly now, the location address is stored properly in the Sharepoint list. Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,995)