Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJBruen
Resolver I
Resolver I

Extract an Email Received Date/Time and Update in Sharepoint List

Hi All....

Please help me with this one - it's driving me scatty!

My flow receives and email. I would like to extract the ReceivedDateTime data and simply update a record with this value into a Date and Time field in a Sharepoint list. Can someone advise me how best to complete this bit of wizardry please?

I am based in the UK, so not too sure what this means in terms of formatting of the data. In Sharepoint though, it would need to read as dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss

If you can help - I'd be very grateful!!

Thanks all.

PJBruen_0-1637321939467.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PJBruen
Resolver I
Resolver I

@v-chenzhi  - Thanks again for your reply on this. we've now managed to complete this task a slightly different way.

This is what we ended up doing...

PJBruen_0-1637924532793.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chenzhi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PJBruen ,

Do you want to update Received Time to SharePoint List?

I have a test for your reference, please try the following workaround.

vchenzhi_0-1637550200385.png

As you show in the screenshot, ReceiveDateTime is UTC time format.

I set the region of my SharePoint site like this, and it is displayed as dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss.

vchenzhi_1-1637550200387.png

vchenzhi_2-1637550200389.png

Best Regards,

Zhi Chen

Hi @v-chenzhi 

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried what you have suggested and that works fine, however with the example I have the Email ReceivedDateTime appears to show a time of (for example 17:00:00), however, when I write the value into sharepoint it records as 10:00:00. I guess some sort of date conversion is required, but I'm not sure why?

The other point is that the CreateItem into Sharepoint is in an Apply To Each - which seems to make the difference. If doing outside of this, simply passing the receivedTime works fine (as per your example).

I hope that makes some sense.

Regards

v-chenzhi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PJBruen ,

Could you please check your site time zone?

Site setting→Regional settings→Time zone

ReceiveDateTime is UTC time, when updating, SharePoint may be automatically converted according to your time zone.

The other point, Could you please show me what do you fill in the Create Item, when some dynamic content is referenced, it will be put in apply to each.

Best Regards,

Zhi Chen

PJBruen
Resolver I
Resolver I

@v-chenzhi  - Thanks again for your reply on this. we've now managed to complete this task a slightly different way.

This is what we ended up doing...

PJBruen_0-1637924532793.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,406)