cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJSawyer

Extract attribute/value pairs from meta tags in HTML body of email that arrives in O365 shared mailbox then inject into table in Excel saved in 365 Sharepoint

The subject pretty much says it all. I have emails arriving in a shared mailbox in O365. They contain HTML which includes several attribute/value pairs as meta tags similar to this:

<meta name="blah1" content="Jenny">
    <meta name="blah2" content="8675309">
    <meta name="blah3" content="Peas and Carrots">
    <meta name="blah4" content="Forrest">

As messages arrive, I need to extract these attribute/value pairs then inject them as a new row into a table in Excel stored in SharePoint 365 whereby the attribute names correlate with the column names. Bonus points if a new column is automatically created if/when a previously unseen attribute is detected.

I know how to trigger the automated flow based on the new message arriving in the shared mailbox. I know how to pull in the body of the message. But I'm not sure what tool/function to use to find the meta data and shove it into a new table row in Excel. I've searched here and found a few things that are close, but not quite close enough to fill in my knowledge gaps.

Thanks in advance for your tips and hints!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,836)