cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmW8080

Extract data from email body to place in Sharepoint list then search users to send a Microsoft form to them

Hi, 
I've searched and tried everything so I'm hoping I can obtain some help here on the flow I'm trying to build. 
What I'm trying to build in Power Automate is the following flow: 

1. When new email arrives from Microsoft Teams to notify me (as site owner) to add someone
2. Is to convert the HTML text into plain text in the email
3. Extract the username that needs to be added to the MS Team site as well as the site name
5. Place this into a SharePoint list
6. From the list, send a form to the user's line manager (such as searching the org AD to do this). The line manager needs to approve the user's access to the site through the Microsoft Form they've been sent
7. The line managers approval from the Microsoft Form response is registered into the SharePoint list
8. The site owner is notified of the line managers approval for the user to access the site

The site owner can then either manually add the user to the site or do this through a flow (I can construct this part through Flow!)

So basically when an email like this comes in, it needs to extract the second name along - Harold Bishop in this case - (but the name will be different with each request) and then automatically send the MS Form for approval to the user's line manager: 

EmW8080_0-1625500227843.png

If anyone can advise on building this type of flow using steps 1 - 8 above, I would be very grateful. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Paulie78
Super User
Super User

With respect, I would happily help with any part of this flow, but it is many questions in one request, and none are specific. Parsing the email is your first step, so you could start with this video I did:

https://youtu.be/7tZ6bRtco3Y

Then begin creating your flow and perhaps post every question as a separate topic. But I am sure someone will be willing to help guide you through an overview of the whole process.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,099)