Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magistralis
Helper I
Helper I

Extract specific keywords from an email

Good day beautiful people,

currently I'm receiving billions of emails with specific keywords like interview, reschedule, modification, update and I would like to extract from whole email body these words only, to an excel file.

For example:

Hello,

please prepare some modifications.

Cheers

So I would like that my PA will get this modification word and add it to my Excel file, in a simple table:

Email String
Modification

I will make some more stuff with this keyword later on, but what I really need is to get this information from outlook to an excel.

My main problem is that, in this example I have 4 keywords, but there could be 100, 1000 of them. In other words, I need also accessible solution to modify keywords as I want. 

I have tried to work with split function, to convert html to text, then to split it by spacebar / keyword but this was not working at all. I also tried to add a variable with all my keywords in it, but still failed miserably.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Magistralis ,

I'v made a test for your reference:

vbofengmsft_0-1660097563427.png

vbofengmsft_1-1660097594058.png

split(replace(outputs('Html_to_text')?['body'],',',' '),' ')

Note: Please pay attention to the plural form of the key, if you only list the singular form of the keyword but the keyword appears in the plural form in the email, then it will not be found.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Magistralis ,

I'v made a test for your reference:

vbofengmsft_0-1660097563427.png

vbofengmsft_1-1660097594058.png

split(replace(outputs('Html_to_text')?['body'],',',' '),' ')

Note: Please pay attention to the plural form of the key, if you only list the singular form of the keyword but the keyword appears in the plural form in the email, then it will not be found.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,622)