Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msabau
Advocate III
Advocate III

Extract value from an object

Hello,

I have a very large Sp List, that contains many kinds of data, especially single line and multiple choices. Single line works fine for my thing, but multiple choice is giving me a headache.

Currently my flow extracts all columns that have changed since the last time it was modified and puts everything into a dedicated column so that I can keep track of what was changed through the record's lifetime.

It looks something like this:

[Date of the change]

Name of the column that was changed: new value,

name of the column that was changed: new value

The problem here is that if a multiple choice field changes I have a whole JSON to deal with.

My flow get the item that corresponds to the specific column that was changed, so for a single line works great, for multiple choice fields I get this:

[Date of the change]

Name of the column that was changed: {"Whole JSON":"With data that I don't need", "Value that I need":"at the end"}

How could I extract that "Value" at the end of the JSON in a simple way?

Sorry if the question isn't clear, I'd be happy to clear things up for you, just ask

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msabau
Advocate III
Advocate III

Fixed it:

I kept writing this: triggerBody()?[item()?['value']]

Instead of this: triggerBody()?[item()]?['value']

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
msabau
Advocate III
Advocate III

Fixed it:

I kept writing this: triggerBody()?[item()?['value']]

Instead of this: triggerBody()?[item()]?['value']

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,239)