cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbarur
Level: Powered On

Extract value from an object

Dear all,

I am building a flow where I want to extract a specific information from a specific object which is inside an array. So far I have done:

1. Filter the array to only have the object I am interested on. (I used "Filter array" action)

2. Remove all the information of the object except the one I am interested on. (I used "Select" action)

3. I have extracted that object from the array. (I used "First(body('Select'))").

Now I have an object as simple as below. BUT I don't know how to extract the value "10" (on this example is 10, but it is a variable and on each run of the flow it will change).

{
  "ID": "10"
}

To add more information. I am looking for an specific file on my SharePoint Document Library, using another property of the file to find it (I am using the barcode value, so I'm sure there is only one. This is the information I used on the Filter array action). So, to find and extract this file on flow, I need the ID number. but so far I am locked on the step I mentioned below.

I hope someone can support on this.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
InterestedBloke

Re: Extract value from an object

Hey Barbarur,

It sounds like you're looking for the Parse JSON Action - it'll translate the Object you're getting into specific fields you can target and drop in as dynamic content in other actions after that.

To tell the Parse JSON action how to interpret your object, you can click the Generate Schema button and paste the content you'll get from that object.
It'll then create a schema automatically and translate any future input.

With this, you might even be able to skip some of the filtering actions earlier.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Barbarur ,

You could store this object in a Compose or an object variable, and then use an expression to extract the value.

If you are using compose, then you can use the following expression:

121.PNG

If you are using variables, then you can use the following expression:

122.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
InterestedBloke

Hey Barbarur,

It sounds like you're looking for the Parse JSON Action - it'll translate the Object you're getting into specific fields you can target and drop in as dynamic content in other actions after that.

To tell the Parse JSON action how to interpret your object, you can click the Generate Schema button and paste the content you'll get from that object.
It'll then create a schema automatically and translate any future input.

With this, you might even be able to skip some of the filtering actions earlier.

Hope this helps!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Barbarur ,

You could store this object in a Compose or an object variable, and then use an expression to extract the value.

If you are using compose, then you can use the following expression:

121.PNG

If you are using variables, then you can use the following expression:

122.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Barbarur

Hi InterestedBloke and v-bacao-msft, The three options worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,579)