Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RP2
Helper I
Helper I

Extracting .CSV Email Attachment from Outlook and Importing into SharePoint

Hello all, 

I'm working on building an automated flow and I'm not sure where to start, as I'm still very new to PA. 

I need to export a .csv attachment (9KB) that arrives via email (Outlook), and have that data entered into a SharePoint list for tracking and analysis. I'm not sure how to establish this flow or what the best way to approach it would be. I already have a SharePoint list with the elements that would be in the .csv attachment. This data would be dynamic, so I'm trying to keep one master list in SharePoint that could be written to every time a new attachment is fetched from the email (essentially, I do not want to create a new file each time, I would like to enter the new data into new rows in SharePoint each time). It would be best if I could automate this flow based upon a subject line trigger (i.e. every time an email comes in with "XXXXX" check for attachments and export data to SharePoint master list). 

The naming format for the attachment could be the same each time or it could be changed, whichever is easier. 

I could also extract the .csv into Excel then import it into SharePoint if that would be easier. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. 

Thank you for your help

22 REPLIES 22
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RP2 ,

Since the File is come from a dynamic content so the dynamic content couldn't be choose manually.

You could use the expression:

1.png

items('Apply_to_each_2')?['ID']
items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Open']

And you could add the another columns also with the expression.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-alzhan-msft Thank you for all of your help! 

I have one final question regarding my flow. My Open & Resolved time formats look like the two images below in my Excel file (attachment) the columns are formatted for date in Excel. 

OpenTime.PNGResolvedTime.PNG

However, I'm getting the following result once everything is imported into my SharePoint:

SPOpenTime.PNGSPResolvedTime.PNG

I'm sure there's some formatting I need to do in flow in order to have the correct time imported into my SharePoint; however, I'm not sure what expression to use and where it should be used. Currently my expressions to retrieve the Open/Resolved time from the Excel attachment are -

items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Open Time']  

items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Resolved Time']

I would like to have the date format in my SharePoint the same as it is in the Excel file, ex. 2/21/17 10:23AM. 

Thank you again for all of your help! 

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RP2 ,

Hope the link below could help you:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/blogs/handling-date-time-in-excel-to-sharepoint-list-threw-msflow

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,186)