cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sat_van
Helper I
Helper I

Extracting E-mail addresses of senders

Hi! I have a shared mailbox that contains a lot of E-mails from different people. I want to extract the E-mail addresses of those people. 

I built a flow with the trigger "when a new E-mail arrives to the shared mailbox" then selected a subfolder of the inbox (instead of the inbox itself). When I send a new E-mail to that shared mailbox and then move that E-mail to the dedicated subfolder (selected in the trigger) the flow works. When I try to move the old E-mails to that sub-folder, the trigger doesn't fire. There are no errors or anything, it simply doesn't start. 

So....how do I make it work with the old E-mails? Is there any other way?

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@sat_van 

Please check below to extract email address on when an email arrives to shared mailbox.

Mira_Ghaly_0-1618578736029.png

To get emails in a specific folder:

Mira_Ghaly_1-1618579006764.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@Mira_Ghaly , my problem is the trigger. If I put the trigger when an email arrives to one of the subfolders in the shared mailbox, it doesn't fire when I just move the old E-mails that are currently in my inbox to that sub-folder. When I send a new E-mail to that shared mailbox and then move to the dedicated sub-folder, then the flow is triggered. 

VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @sat_van, do not use trigger at all. Run your flow manually.

@VictorIvanidze , how do I start the flow manually? There are hundreds of E-mails. Maybe I'm missing something?

Hi @sat_van, create an instant flow that scans all emails in all folders you need. If your goal is to extract the E-mail addresses one time, I really do not understand why do you want to use an automated (trigger-based) flow.

@VictorIvanidze , any chance you can help with the steps, please? I still can't picture how the flow will look like, I'm afraid.

VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @sat_van, sorry I do not provide free consulting service. Hire somebody or to teach you or to create an app for you. 

DiegoEscobar1
Frequent Visitor

Hi @sat_van. I guess the trigger is working well, only when an email is received, not moving from one folder to another. I didn't find a trigger for moving emails. But a workaround may be using the trigger "When an email is flagged", and then moving them with a flow, as shown below.

DiegoEscobar1_0-1618771361953.png

Hope this help!

Best regards.

@DiegoEscobar1 , the E-mails are in the shared mailbox and as far as I can see there is no "flag E-mail" trigger for shared mailbox, only for a personal one. 

I was not looking for someone to write an app for me for free. Your answer was vague and unhelpful and I merely wanted you to explain what you mean. Anyway, I think you misunderstood the question. Have a good day.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (84,781)