cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milanb
Frequent Visitor

Extracting values from an OData response and formatting my current response to be JSON Array?

Hi All,

I am trying to build a flow and copy/move a Sharepoint list item from one SharePoint list to another.

The issue I am having is copying/moving the data that is in choice/multi select format.

When I look at the output from the ‘Get Items’ action, the multi select data is brought back as “@odata.type”

milanb_0-1610987156441.png

Having looked at a similar issue and response provided by @DeepakS

Solved: Retrieve checkbox value and remove "@odata.type" - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I have managed to retrieve the value using the following:

milanb_1-1610987156451.png

This has returned the output:

milanb_2-1610987156469.png

I now need to get this data into a multi select/choice format before I can create it in the new SharePoint list.

I know that I need to format my output as a JSON Array but I am unsure as to the steps.

I would really appreciate any assistance.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @milanb ,

Not exactly your use case but updating SharePoint multiple choice column from flow - https://youtu.be/kbqXsKPTmZk?t=694

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi @RezaDorrani

Thank you for the guidance.

I have managed to get to a point now where I can convert the output into an array, however, when I retrieved the values from "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure…..”, I was unable to values together as a string

i.e. [“Local to your home”,”Regionally”,”Nationally”]

I could only get the outputs as individual strings (see below) I would get have to select ‘Next’ to select the view the next output.

milanb_5-1611214213886.png

milanb_6-1611214213897.png

I need to be able to create an array

[

"Local to your home",

"Regionally",

"Nationally"

]

And then to get the following output via the Select

[

{

"Value": "Local to your home"

},

{

"Value": "Regionally"

},

{

"Value": "Nationally"

Instead of the above, I get the following from my select:

milanb_7-1611214213903.png

I have tried using the join() array function and Parse JSON without luck. Perhaps I am using it in the wrong place?

Below are the steps I have used

milanb_8-1611214213907.png

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (91,284)