cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbomar
Helper II
Helper II

FLOW CHECKER - Fix invalid expression(s) for the input parameter(s) of operation 'Create_Item'.

Hi -

First time on the forum. I'm creating a Power Automate flow that is triggered from PowerApps Submit button.

The input data I then want added to a SharePoint list. I have created multiple unique variables (initialize variable) to fetch the data from PowerApps.

The issue I'm now having is adding multiple input variables to 'Create Item' operation for SharePoint (see screenshot below). I click save button, but get flow checker error: Fix invalid expression(s) for the input parameter(s) of operation 'Create_Item'.

Prior I had tested with a single variable for various SharePoint fields and flow worked.

Needing help on flow checker error, assuming I either can't have multiple variables in same input field or I'm missing some sort of separator for new item/row in SharePoint.

tbomar_0-1645725112152.png

Additionally, here is a screen shot of my PowerApps screen/form.

tbomar_1-1645725520223.png

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @tbomar 

Do you want to create multiple items in SharePoint? 

image.png

You can map multiple values in a text field not in an integer or numeric field.  If you planning to create individual records (each items from your PowerApp grid) then you need to pass that as an array from PowerApp to PowerAutomate so that you can iterate each rows using an Apply to Each action step for creating individual list rows in SharePoint.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
tbomar
Helper II
Helper II

Abm - Hi, I was able to figure out my issue, had to create separate line items referencing the variables. Thx

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,187)