cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

FLOW (Get Items) How to use to filter a SharePoint List and send an email for each item that matches

Hi

I want to set up a recurring flow that sends an email if an item is Open and was created over 30 days ago in a sharepoint list.  The fields in SharePoint are

• Created_Date
  • Status
  • EMail_To

Can someone post an example of how to use the GetItems and the 'For Each' part of the flow to send an email

I cant seem to find any instructions or videos on this....  seems like a very basic thing a lot of people will want to do.

Can someone post an example and links to any instructional videos?

Many thx in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just figured it out...  very tricky but cool

Will write up a blog about it

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Why not just create a flow on the creation of the items. Then add an approval step that expires after 30 days. After this approval step check the status. If it is open then send ot the email. This approval step coould potentially be sent out to an approver but you could also assign this to any odd random service user as were just waiting for time to pass and not really want an approval.

Won't work

The Flow needs to keep sending emails daily until the item is closed...  not just one time.

Is Flow incapabale of doing such a simple thing?  This seems like a very basic and useful use case....

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Skylitedave,

Any chance of linking the blog post?

Thanks!

Where is the solution?

Regards,

Manolis

Have you explained your

@skylitedave wrote:

solution somewhere please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,833)