Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: FLOW TO SEND EMAIL WHEN DATE APPROACHES

I can not see the formula used in the Apply to each step

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

okeRe: FLOW TO SEND EMAIL WHEN DATE APPROACHES

@SmokeEater1996 , the apply to each step has been modernized since this thread was created. 

What are you trying to accomplish? Which part are you stuck at? 

To replicate something similar to the original post, I have in my apply to each step the following:

formatDateTime(item()?['Due_x0020_Next'], 'MM/dd/yyyy')

is equal to

formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(), 30), 'MM/dd/yyyy')

The above is checking my "Due Next" column, which is filled with dates, are 30 days away from today's date.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: okeRe: FLOW TO SEND EMAIL WHEN DATE APPROACHES

I'm trying to do something very similar to what you have here, I will try that formula thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SmokeEater1996_0-1594147585248.png

This is what I have and it does not work. @kristof805 

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

@SmokeEater1996 I think you got several things happening here that I can already see:

• You are using the formula under the Filter Query section of Get Items instead of Apply to each step. This may change things.
  • Your formula is missing the number of days, which can be put as 0 if you want to check for the same today's date. Check the exact formula code on my previous codes. You cannot omit parts, as far as I know.
  • Your column name is most likely wrong. Please look at your output under Get Items step after your flow ran. It'll show you the correct formatting of the column name. For example, I have a column called "Due Next" but I have to type it in as "Due_x0020_Next" when using it in different Flows.
  • You'll also need quotes around your formateDateTime formula in your Filter Query.

What errors are you getting, if any?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,908)