cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

FTP 400 error even though a file was created / copied

I want to copy a file from my file system to an FTP but I get a 400 error. I can copy the file or create a new file just fine using flow but the flow does error out even though it looks like it worked. I see the text file on my FTP as expected but with this error:

{
"status": 400,
"message": "An invalid request was made. Inspect the passed parameters and actions.\r\nclientRequestId: b327d0d6-b774-4fae-b39d-3114785104e8",
"source": "ftp-wus.azconn-XXXXXXX.net"
}

I am not able to find much online. This seems like a simple thing to do. 

Thanks for any help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Hi unfeomateo,

After reviewing this post, I have been testing and I was getting the exact same error.

I don't know if you came up with the solution but I'll leave mine here in case it helps someone.

Finally I have managed to solve it by editing the connection and marking the option "Transport binary" within the connection itself.

jugasa_0-1605800074802.png

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @unfeomateo 

The trigger "When a file is added or modified" doesn't pick up files over 50MB if the content is asked for. If files over 50MB should be processed with retrieving the content, the trigger "When a file is added or modified (properties only)" can be used followed by the "Get file content" operation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/ftp/

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

I have this problem when just having the FTP connector create a file from scratch, copy or get content. Also my test files have been 2-3k text files. 

Hi @unfeomateo 

Thanks for your quick reply.

Could you please post your screenshot of run history?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Does this help?

0.png1.png2.png3.png

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @unfeomateo 

Thanks for the screenshot. Do you have a comma in your file path?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

The folder I was given on the FTP does have a comma on one of the folder names. 

Hi @unfeomateo 

Try removing the comma and check. If not try another folder without comma.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

I Tried a folder without a comma and had the same error. A file is created with the 400 error

Hi @unfeomateo 

Thanks for your reply. Could you delete the FTP connection which flow is using and recreate it.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

I recreated the connector. Same exact problem. File is created with the 400 error.4.png

Hi @unfeomateo 

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am running out of options. If you have Microsoft support its worth raising with via that channel.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Regular Visitor

Hi unfeomateo,

After reviewing this post, I have been testing and I was getting the exact same error.

I don't know if you came up with the solution but I'll leave mine here in case it helps someone.

Finally I have managed to solve it by editing the connection and marking the option "Transport binary" within the connection itself.

jugasa_0-1605800074802.png

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (95,252)