cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
agentthumb
Level: Powered On

FTP (Binary) transfer of ZIP archive corrupts file

Hey guys, hoping you can help me with this. 

I had a flow where we email a zip archive from a mobile device to a shared mailbox. This would then trigger a process to copy the zip file over to a FTP server. 

This has been working fine until a few months ago when it suddenly started corrupting my zip files. I am using binary transfer mode. 

Troubleshooting taken:

1. Extracted zip file on mac to verify integrity, works file. Copy zip file to FTP server through flow. Download zip file from FTP server, tried to extract, and it turns into a .cpgz file. 

2.  Created a new zip file on mac. Verified it works fine. Copy zip file to FTP server through flow. Download zip file from FTP server, tried to extract, and it turns into a .cpgz file. 

3. Tried recreating the connector, same issue.

4. Tried using a different FTP server alltogether. Same issue. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not sure what additional information I need to provide here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
agentthumb

Re: FTP (Binary) transfer of ZIP archive corrupts file

Spoke with Microsoft support. 

There was a change to the connector "Create Share Link for One Drive" where different link types were added. Where a "View" link used to directly download the file, it now creates a HTML wrapper around the file. This creates a problem as the FTP conector picked up the HTML wrapper and transferred that, instead of the actual file.

The fix was to change the share link type to "Direct". This creates a link directly to the file without any wrapper. This fixed my issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ agentthumb,

Does the problem still exists?

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuation of your flow?

Regards,
Alice Zhang

agentthumb

Hey @v-yuazh-msft,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, the problem still exists. Here is a simple test case I created, and it is having the same issue using the same connector.

2 images attached. 1 showing the flow passing, the second showing the connection setting with Binary mode ticked.

https://ibb.co/e76SHx
https://ibb.co/jFzgcx

Again, that zip file extracts fine on the computer. Even the version that's on OneDrive extracts fine. But once it gets copied across to the FTP server through the O365 connector, it extracts into a cpgz file, indicating the zip archive was corrupted in the transfer process.

Manually copying the zip file onto the FTP server and downloading the file works as expected.

agentthumb

BUMP, can anyone help with this please?

agentthumb

Spoke with Microsoft support. 

There was a change to the connector "Create Share Link for One Drive" where different link types were added. Where a "View" link used to directly download the file, it now creates a HTML wrapper around the file. This creates a problem as the FTP conector picked up the HTML wrapper and transferred that, instead of the actual file.

The fix was to change the share link type to "Direct". This creates a link directly to the file without any wrapper. This fixed my issue.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,911)