cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

FTP Server to Onedrive - PDF Files copying blank.

I have attempted to create a flow to download scanned PDF files from an FTP server to my onedrive. When testing the flow, it copies blank versions of my .PDF file from the FTP server to Onedrive. The filesize shows same filesize, but displayed document is blank. When testing with .txt file, the flow works flawlessly with the text file showing data fine, and the saved pdf's were openable, however no content in the 270 page document shows.

Viewing the content straight from the FTP site in browser the pdf file contains text, so the upload and FTP hosting is fine. It appears the process of copying the content to onedrive is failing. I have tried the process with emailing myself the file also, and that appears to make no change either.

My flow settings:My flow settings:File from OnedriveFile from OnedriveOriginal File which is same on FTP and Local C:Original File which is same on FTP and Local C:

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: FTP Server to Onedrive - PDF Files copying blank.

Hello,

1. Is this happening for any specific file or every PDF file?

2. Add a compose action after "when a file is added or modified" step with input as "File content" from previous step. Run the flow and check if it returns any file content or is it just blank.

3. In the trigger > set "Infer Content Type" to Yes, and then check if it makes any difference.

4. Instead of creating the file in OneDrive, try copying the file to Sharepoint and then check if it shows any content.

Highlighted

1) Image files fail (.png), Document (.docx) (.pdf) files fail, only .txt files seem to work fine.

2) "add a compose action" do you mean outlook 365 compose mail? If so, I have attempted to send an email before dropping to onedrive and the content still came through with the right page numbers but blank.

3) I have tried this, but still no luck.

chrismensforth1_1-1592890904676.png

4) Creating a file on Sharepoint I observed the same error with the files. no change to the content outputted.

Highlighted

Hi! I'm having exact same problem @rohsh354  but creating file in sharepoint library. FTP folder has only PDF files and my flow created a PDF file with correct name and extension but as empty page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,844)