I have attempted to create a flow to download scanned PDF files from an FTP server to my onedrive. When testing the flow, it copies blank versions of my .PDF file from the FTP server to Onedrive. The filesize shows same filesize, but displayed document is blank. When testing with .txt file, the flow works flawlessly with the text file showing data fine, and the saved pdf's were openable, however no content in the 270 page document shows.
Viewing the content straight from the FTP site in browser the pdf file contains text, so the upload and FTP hosting is fine. It appears the process of copying the content to onedrive is failing. I have tried the process with emailing myself the file also, and that appears to make no change either.
1. Is this happening for any specific file or every PDF file?
2. Add a compose action after "when a file is added or modified" step with input as "File content" from previous step. Run the flow and check if it returns any file content or is it just blank.
3. In the trigger > set "Infer Content Type" to Yes, and then check if it makes any difference.
4. Instead of creating the file in OneDrive, try copying the file to Sharepoint and then check if it shows any content.
1) Image files fail (.png), Document (.docx) (.pdf) files fail, only .txt files seem to work fine.
2) "add a compose action" do you mean outlook 365 compose mail? If so, I have attempted to send an email before dropping to onedrive and the content still came through with the right page numbers but blank.
3) I have tried this, but still no luck.
4) Creating a file on Sharepoint I observed the same error with the files. no change to the content outputted.
Hi! I'm having exact same problem @rohsh354 but creating file in sharepoint library. FTP folder has only PDF files and my flow created a PDF file with correct name and extension but as empty page.
Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!
ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.
See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.