cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

FTP timeout create file

I'm trying to create a flow to copy a file from an external FTP server and unzip it on our FTP server.

For some reason the create file stage times out.

Screenshot_2019-12-19 Run History Power Automate.png

I'm able to do this successfully on Google drive without issue.

Screenshot_2019-12-19 Run History Power Automate(1).png

Is this a known issue with the FTP connector ?

The unzipped folder is about 185 MB, and zipped is around 22 MB. I think I may run into size limits if I try and copy the unzipped contents, but perhaps not. I don't have a premium account.

Perhaps there's a different flow combination that can achieve what I'm looking for ?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Beulmoto,

The reason for the Create file action runs slow maybe the FTP connection not fast.

You can click the setting of Create file action, then set the duration of the Timeout, specify duration in ISO 8601 format.

for example "P1D" is one day. 

Annotation 2019-12-20 100004.png

Annotation 2019-12-20 100032.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Thank you. Ultimately I changed the content chunking and asynchronous pattern setting which allowed the file to be created.

However, I immediately have received a failure due to 400 bad request and now my flow says it is unable to extract the archive.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,066)