cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Save, Definition contains Invalid Paramters

I am receiving a generic error on an very large flow created and run several times that says "Failed to Save, definition contains invalid paramters".  There is nothing else in the error message that would indicate what that could be.  I can discard edits, re-open, and modify a single thing (delete an action, modify an action) and saving always generates this message.

Any way I can figure out what's going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Failed to Save, Definition contains Invalid Paramters

I was setting a variable with string type to a string, and for some reason without writing out the WDL expressing @string() it would not accept the set variable option.  That seemed to correct it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi WiggityZwiggity,

Could you tell me how large your flow is and how your flow is configured?

Do you mean that after deleting or modifying an action then you will get the error message when saving the flow?

Could you show me a screenshot for a reference?

If possible, please also provide your Flow Id for a further investigation.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was setting a variable with string type to a string, and for some reason without writing out the WDL expressing @string() it would not accept the set variable option.  That seemed to correct it.

View solution in original post

benji720
Level: Power Up

I know this is an old post but if you can share how you created the WDL I would be most appreciative. I can't seem to find resources for this anywhere and I am getting the same error as you when trying to initialize a variable.

I used a compose action and then used the @string([Field]) expression.  I then used the output from that compose action as input to set the string type variable.

Yury
Level: Power Up

Hi!

I had the same error showing off. The problem in my case was that after the initial creation of the flow I made some fields in sharepoint list mandatory. Thus, these fields had to be updated after approval/decline and corresponding parts of the flow had to be adjusted as well. So go through all blocks of your flow an check if there are fields with an asterix sign which are empty.

Hope this will help!

VikasSukhija
Level: Powered On

My error resolved by upadting the list to set some fields as optional , updating the flow and again setting them as mandatory.

I have documented it with some detail https://syscloudpro.com/2018/08/19/microsoft-flow-definition-contains-invalid-parameters/

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,836)