cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnshr
Regular Visitor

Failing to send Teams or Email notification from a Flow

I have reached boiling point with this Power Automate bug. I created a flow that uploads items from an excel sheet to a SharePoint list. At most this uploads 256 items from a single Excel table, fine. The process takes about 3 mins to complete so obviously I will have to send a notification back to the user. For this I intended to send a Teams message as a flow bot to the user, which I have used several times on other flows I have done. But for this particular flow, I am getting the error message as follows:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Post_a_message_as_the_Flow_bot_to_a_user' inputs at line '1' and column '2207': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_teams']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_teams' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline, shared_excelonlinebusiness'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I have tried everything from removing and adding the connection again, redoing the entire flow, all giving this very frustrating error. A similar error comes up when I try to send an Email message. Here's the flow: 

FLOW Screenshot 2020-10-19 091210.png

1 REPLY 1
Reimi
Microsoft
Microsoft

Please try to delete the flow from the PowerApps app and re-add to the app.

I guess there missing a connection of Teams in Power Apps. You can add all connection necessary for the flow to the app by re-adding the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (24,763)