cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adavana
Frequent Visitor

Fetch first record of union output

I am building a flow and I want to fetch the first row value of the output of an union function used loop input.

I am trying to using first function to fetch the first records of each union set of outputs in the array but the flow is not working properly. Below is the flow:

Capture.PNG

union (

first function input in compose action

first(body('Exceltable')?['Value'])?['Email']
body('Exceltable')?['Value']?[0]?['Email']

I am trying to fetch first email record in each union to use in in email TO address.
The flow is picking the very first record of email for every union but not the first record of every union of values.

kindly suggest what needs to be changed.
Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @adavana 

Please don’t use the two actions of ‘Apply to each’ together. The flow will run too much times for the two actions of 'Apply to each'.

You can simply try the action of ‘filter array’ in the ‘Apply to each’ for ‘Vnumber’.

In my case, I want to get the first record of every union of values for the column 'Email address'.

This is what my excel table looks like:

2.26-15.PNG

The result of my flow is:

‘Compose 2’ contains only one item each time, which is the first record of every union of values.

2.26-16.PNG2.26-17.PNG

The following flow is for your reference:

2.26-14.PNG

The function used:

union(array('kirax@domain.com'),array('kirax2@domain.com'))

first(body('Filter_array'))

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (21,076)