cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Community Champion
Community Champion

File Size Limits of File System Actions - How to copy to Sharepoint Library?

Ok, I have been using File System actions for two years.  It was not until today that I discovered the 30mb limit.  I was lucky until today.  Now, my entire scheme for working files is in jeopardy due to this limit.  I'm NOT impressed, Microsoft, this is on you.  

So, I need to find a way to get a 30Mb from my file system into Sharepoint Online via Flow.  Is there any other way of getting it there through some other means?  Once I get it there, I can do anything I want with it, and Ive never seen a limit there.  

It would also help if I could find a way to connect to a SP online library via a windows path.  This was capable with native Sharepoint.  I have not found a way to do that with a SP online.  Any help with this would be great as well.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
NorthernChuck
Helper III
Helper III

Well, there's a couple of things that come to mind. RPA could be a solution. The one I'm thinking of is copy-item in powershell. Do you have access to scheduler? Is your sharepoint site's document library mounted on your local workstation? 

@NorthernChuck ,

No, we do not have a server based SP installation.  Its SP Online.  Its a cloud library.  We do not have a server license.

Power Automate Desktop is PC specific.  I need our apps to not be tied to a specific user or require special client setup.  Its too much to manage.

so where does this 30meg or more file first appear? You wrote "my filesystem" and so I figured you meant your local drive.
Also you can mount the document library of Sharepoint Sites locally through OD. You can checkmark which ones to unsync in your OD settings. 
document library SPO.png

You don't need "humans" to run RPAs or scheduled scripts, you can have a service account spin up a Win10 VM, run it's thing and then turn off if you wanted. It really boils down to your step 1. Where do you first receive/see this file? 

martinav
Community Champion
Community Champion

@NorthernChuck , 

Good suggestion about One Drive.  However, with further messing around, it seems that all "File Systems" actions have this limit.  I was thinking about using the Copy File action and go from one local path to another to get it into SP, and that isnt going to work either.  

When I refer to files on "my filesystem", these are files in a shared drive that are placed there from various sources.  These files can be manipulated via "File System" actions.  

martinav_1-1617830983249.png

I was using this function, but now with a file over 30MB, its a no-go.  30MB is not very big by today's standards.  I just got lucky up to now.  Also, I'm using these functions in some cases to drive on-demand access to view files.  I'm not going to have enough time to trigger scrips in a VM, and get it back into Flow, and back to Power Apps in a reasonable amount of time where a user is just waiting for it.  

I'm likely going to have to push all of these PDF files into a SP library, and then get to them there.  Its a big ordeal I should not have to do over such a puny limitation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,021)