Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewolf
Helper I
Helper I

File attachment not transferring to flow email- please assist

Hello,

I am working from a previously fully functioning flow which sent an email to the client - a week ago we updated the file which is attached generally to that email. When I used the automation post that incident, the file wouldn't open as it was corrupt. I fixed the file but now it comes through with the wrong name (I fixed by just typing in the actual name of the file) and the document itself is un-openable and blank but not corrupted. Please let me know where I'm going wrong. The file exists already within Sharepoint.step1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ewolf
Helper I
Helper I

Solved! I needed to create an attachment not a file. I added the attachment to the specific items in my list and that solved the issue.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ewolf
Helper I
Helper I

PowerOutage
Helper IV
Helper IV

The first thing I suggest checking is the file size.  Next, is the file checked in? 

For a sanity check, create a simple flow to test the file.

Trigger - manual trigger
                    Get file content
                    Create file

PowerOutage_0-1665676887881.png

Does that work?

Thank you for the reply, It didn't seem to work but I very well may be doing something wrong. The following are the error and the flow.2B.jpg2A.jpg

PowerOutage
Helper IV
Helper IV

File Name:  Example.pdf
Looks like you are missing the file extension.   Also, check your folder path.

PowerOutage_0-1665678130126.png

ewolf
Helper I
Helper I

So that was successful in the isolated flow, so I inputted the same into my original flow. I am now back to the original issue of everything looking okay, but the document won't open because it is "corrupted". It is checked in and is fine when I open it directly. This is my current flow:3b.jpg3a.jpg

PowerOutage
Helper IV
Helper IV

The source and destination must be the same file type in the Create file action.
docx to docx (good)
docx to pdf (bad)

If you need to convert to PDF, you'd want to convert it before doing anything else.  please correct me if you have found anything different.

ewolf
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you!!!! I'm about to tag you in another thank you very much 🙂

Happy to hear it worked out! 

ewolf
Helper I
Helper I

Wait so sorry- not working now. It worked for one run through but after then it kept failing because the file already exists: 4b.jpg4a.jpg

ewolf
Helper I
Helper I

Ah, I see it has now created several broken copies of my file in my forms folder. I don't want it to create a new file, I want it to send a copy of the existing file (ideally a pdf but any file) through the email. Do you know how to proceed? @PowerOutage 

ewolf
Helper I
Helper I

Solved! I needed to create an attachment not a file. I added the attachment to the specific items in my list and that solved the issue.

PowerOutage
Helper IV
Helper IV

lets start over.

I'm assuming your flow does the following.
Your flow is triggered, it picks up a file from SP, then emails a copy to someone.

Why do you need to create a copy of the file before sending?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,598)