cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

File creation on OneDrive very slow

Hello

Since PowerApps still doesn't support printing, I'm trying to build a workaround in PowerAutomate.
My flow gets SharePoint data, fills it into a word template, saves a docx on OneDrive and converts it to PDF.
The PDF shall then be opend in the browser, allowing users to save or print it.

Problem: the flow takes 20 to 25 seconds. More than half of this time is used to create the docx and PDF on OneDrive.

CreateFile.png

Since we are talking about 100 KB or less per file, 13 seconds for two files is hardly acceptable.

Is there any way to speed this up?

Thank you for your help.
Marcel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: File creation on OneDrive very slow

Greetings Magra,

I reckon it still depends on your file content from my test(it would cost 1 second if I input noting in file content )

Johnnyg_0-1597547758617.png

I tried with 10 KB file content and it also would cost 3-4s no matter for Sharepoint or OneDrive for business.

In addition, I checked some blog and other's post where file creation operation usual cost 10 seconds. Currently there's no OOB method to speed up the file creation. 
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/One-drive-for-business-when-a-file-is-cre...

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Greetings Magra,

I reckon it still depends on your file content from my test(it would cost 1 second if I input noting in file content )

Johnnyg_0-1597547758617.png

I tried with 10 KB file content and it also would cost 3-4s no matter for Sharepoint or OneDrive for business.

In addition, I checked some blog and other's post where file creation operation usual cost 10 seconds. Currently there's no OOB method to speed up the file creation. 
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/One-drive-for-business-when-a-file-is-cre...

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

Hello Johnny

Thanks for checking. Not quite what I hoped to hear. But I guess I gotta accept that.

BR
Marcel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,248)