Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

File items automatically taken from new added file

Hey all, 

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a Flow in a principal like this:

1. Triger is when a new file is added to a folder

2. To take automatically that new file items if it's a list, or list rows present in a table if it's a excel  (I struggle in this part)

3. Compare new file items with exciting list and add additional rows if needed

Thanks in advance!

Monika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous  another think you can do is add directly the table name by using custim value, so if you recently create you table and you know the table name you can add it as custom value

custom.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Anonymous  could you share us an screanshot? Your flow could be built it.

just the 3 part I'm not completely sure

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the part three in other project, where I triggered flow manually,  but now I need to adapt it to those two new parts.

The checking part (3 part) I did like this: 

flow.PNG

The question is how to take items from excel automatically from a new added file? because now in this flow it just takes the file that I indicate. 

@Anonymous  as a trigger like when a new row is added unfortunally don't exist but you can filter your excel reading to get just the last item, of course the last item is the new item row see.  You can choose asc o dsc

read.PNG

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChristianAbata but is it possible to take items from newly added file automatically? 

@Anonymous  no friend unfortunally not

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChristianAbata so maybe you could advice me: 

1. I take file content

2. How to take items from the file content? or is it also impossible to day? 

Thank you so much for you help!

@Anonymous  I'm a little bit confused because when you are using list rows present in a table you are getting all the content inside the table.

See actually you need to have a table to read content and use it as properties for other actions.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@Anonymous  another think you can do is add directly the table name by using custim value, so if you recently create you table and you know the table name you can add it as custom value

custom.PNG

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,348)