cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Files uploaded to specific folder in document library

Good afternoon! @ScottShearer helped me with getting a list of files uploaded to the document library in the thread below, but I'm having an issue getting the Flow to work if a file is uploaded to a specific folder in the Library.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Aggregate-list-of-files-uploaded-to-SharePoint-On...

The solution in the above thread only works if there are files uploaded to the base folder of the document library. It will not work for a subfolder.

I cannot find any option that will allow me to add the subfolders. I am only allowed to select the Document Library. Is there a custom value I can use that will pick up if a subfolder is uploaded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Action Get files (properties only) will return files stored in sub folders.

I have made some modifications on the flow you provided.

In my SharePoint Library22, there is a subfolder named as “email message” within which there is an excel file named as “CommonIssues for PowerApps”.

1.PNG2.PNG

In the flow, add action Filter array after the action Get files (properties only). Select value from Get files, and set its condition as File name with extension contains ‘.’.

Add action Create HTML table. Select Body from Filter array, and configure its headers with the following code:

filename: item()?['{FilenameWithExtension}']

createdby: item()?['Author']?['DisplayName']

All the files could be got from the library, including files stored in subfolders.

Images for your reference.

3.PNG4.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Action Get files (properties only) will return files stored in sub folders.

I have made some modifications on the flow you provided.

In my SharePoint Library22, there is a subfolder named as “email message” within which there is an excel file named as “CommonIssues for PowerApps”.

1.PNG2.PNG

In the flow, add action Filter array after the action Get files (properties only). Select value from Get files, and set its condition as File name with extension contains ‘.’.

Add action Create HTML table. Select Body from Filter array, and configure its headers with the following code:

filename: item()?['{FilenameWithExtension}']

createdby: item()?['Author']?['DisplayName']

All the files could be got from the library, including files stored in subfolders.

Images for your reference.

3.PNG4.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,919)